A Tick’s Terrifying Bite; He Suddenly Has a Life-Threatening Allergic Reaction to Meat, Wool, and Dairy

Recently, a man had a life-changing encounter when he took his pet dog for a walk in the nearby woods. Here’s what happened.

An Innocent Tick Bite

Christopher Goldman, a 28-year-old man from Surrey, had his life turned upside down after a seemingly innocent tick bite.

As reported by Sky News, Christopher’s life took a dramatic turn when he experienced a life-threatening allergy to red meat and other meat-based products after being bitten by a tick.

The condition that befell Christopher is known as alpha-gal syndrome (AGS). This tick-borne disease causes a person to become allergic to red meats like lamb, pork, and beef.

Alongside the meat allergy, consuming dairy products and wearing woolen clothes triggers severe allergic reactions.

He Takes Extreme Precautions

Christopher’s life has altered since the diagnosis, and he is forced to adopt extreme precautions to avoid any potential triggers.

In a bid to minimize risks, Christopher has taken a vegan-only clothing approach, investing heavily in furniture made from non-animal materials.

His home has become his sanctuary, and he lives mostly indoors, fearing any allergic reaction might spike up again if he ventures out.

To be prepared for any potential flare-ups, Christopher has designated one room in his house to stock items that could trigger his allergies.

“I Won’t Be Leaving the House for the Indefinite Future”

“If nothing does change, I have to face the possibility that I won’t be leaving the house for the indefinite future,” he said.

According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 400,000 Americans suffer from AGS, causing a red meat allergy.

Several social media users expressed their thoughts on the incident.

“Hopefully, He Recovers From Veganism ASAP, a Terrible Affliction for Anybody To Have. I Wish Him a Full and Speedy Recovery”

One Twitter user wrote, “Hopefully, he recovers from veganism asap, a terrible affliction for anybody to have. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.”

Another User wrote, “This genuinely is a condition. A very rare one that suddenly makes sufferers unable to eat red meat.”

He Refused to Serve Entitled Tourists That Cut in Line, Much to the Delight of Onlookers

A Random Family Were Picnicking in HER Garden So She Dampened Their Spirits with a Hose and Sprinkler

The post A Tick’s Terrifying Bite; He Suddenly Has a Life-Threatening Allergic Reaction to Meat, Wool, and Dairy first appeared on The Net Worth Of.

Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock / Alexander_Safonov. The people shown in the images are for illustrative purposes only, not the actual people featured in the story.

Source: News 18