There is no doubt that Samsung is one of the world’s biggest companies. Samsung has a net worth of about $275 billion. When the company was founded in 1938, forty employees worked for the company.
Comparatively, Apple’s net worth in 2022 is estimated to be $2.655 Trillion ($2655 Billion). The Apple Inc. company manufactures a wide variety of electronic devices and technologies, including smartphones, tablets, PCs, and more.
Samsung Net Worth vs Apple Net Worth
As of 2022, Samsung had a market value of $275 billion, only a quarter of Apple’s $2.655 trillion.
The number of Apple phones sold now surpasses that of Samsung. The total number of smartphones shipped by Apple in Q4 2019 was 69.5 million versus 70.4 million by Samsung. Meanwhile, as of Q4 2020, Apple had 79.9 million units sold compared to 62.1 million for Samsung.
Samsung has been overtaken by Apple as the leading smartphone vendor. According to Counterpoint Research, iPhone sales are estimated to be 72.9 million units higher than Samsung’s 70 million units.
South Korean businessman Lee Byung-Chul founded Samsung in 1938. It started out as a trading business but soon expanded into retail, textiles, securities, food processing, and insurance.
The company entered the electronics industry after three decades. Eventually, Samsung Electronics Devices and Semiconductor & Telecommunications were launched.
Awards & Achievements
- In terms of revenue, Samsung was the world’s second-largest IT company in 2015.
- It was named the best in Customer Service in 2016 and 2017.
- The company won the Best Contact Center Award at the Customer Fest Awards in 2016.
- In 2017, the company won the Mobility Excellence Award.
- The Golden Peacock Award was given to it in 2014.
- AdGully awarded Samsung the DIGIXX Award in 2017 and it won the Exhibit Tech Award in 2015.
- Samsung was also the winner of the 2017 Global Mobile Award.
Ronald Wayne, Steve Wozniak, and Steve Jobs founded Apple Inc. in 1976. In those days, they sold Apple I and Apple II computers, which were very popular. Apple Computer, Inc., was the company’s new name in 1977.
To achieve financial success, they became public in 1980. They sold a lot of products and their innovative operating system and graphics were well liked. As time went on, however, they ran into trouble with services and costs as compared to those cheap, Intel-based Microsoft Windows PCs.
Steve Jobs left Apple to start NeXT with several employees from the company.
The company recruited Gil Amelio as CEO to save and restore the company’s finances. Gil purchased NeXT in 1997 and rehired Steve Jobs.
From 2000 onward, Steve Jobs became the company’s CEO again. The company manufactured the iMac and set up retail outlets across the country. After obtaining its corporate status back in 2007, it came to be known as Apple Inc.
Awards & Achievements
Apple has won the following awards:
- Best Company for Diversity 2020,
- Best CEO 2020,
- Best Company Culture 2020,
- Best Company Perks & Benefits,
- Best Professional Development 2020,
- Best Leadership Teams 2020
- Best CEOs for Diversity 2020