Trey Brown SPERGO Net Worth, Shark Tank Deal (Updated)

SPERGO is a fashion and lifestyle fashion clothing brand founded by Trey Brown. The streetwear clothing company is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the United States of America.

SPERGO has multiple pop-up stores around the United States of America to ensure easy accessibility to a lot of people. It has sportswear and streetwear collections that include headbands, sweatbands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, socks, hats, and hoodies.

Additionally, SPERGO has an official online website as well with categories divided into men, women, children, and a category for those who want unisex clothing. Surprisingly, despite the outstanding quality maintained by the clothing brand, it has also managed to keep its prices affordable, attracting a lot of customers.

SPERGO Net Worth

In 2022, SPERGO has a net worth of $2 million.

SPERGO’s Founder

The founder of SPERGO is fifteen years old Trey Brown. He founded the company when he was only twelve years old on his birthday with his birthday money, which was around $178.

See also  Eterneva Net Worth, Founders, Legit or Scam?

Trey Brown founded SPERGO because of the rising worries about crime in his neighborhood. He wanted to do something that would encourage his friends to stay out of trouble and follow their dreams.

Trey Brown used his $178 birthday money to print sixteen shirts and sold them out in one week directly to customers at local barbershops. He then reinvested the money profited from the sixteen shirts to print more shirts and continued this process of reinvestment.

In his first year, Trey Brown sold shirts worth about $40,000. Later in 2019, his sales were worth $176,000. He worked so hard on his business that he was once hospitalized for four months due to fatigue. Nevertheless, sales reached $825,000 in 2020 and were expected to reach $2 million in 2021.

Trey Brown SPERGO During Shark Tank

Trey Brown and his mother entered Shark Tank seeking $300,000 in exchange for a 10% stake in SPERGO. This showed that he valued his company at $3 million. Trey Brown was also hopeful of finding a Shark that would help him grow the brand and scale the business.

See also  Chase Bank Net Worth, CEO, Awards (Updated)

In his pitch, Trey Brown narrated how he started his business and presented the Sharks with samples of products from the company. The Sharks, particularly Daymond John, were impressed with the high quality of the samples.

Further, Trey Brown stated the worth of sales made by the company in the previous years. He also said that 70% of the revenue was generated from their pop-up stores around the United States of America and that the remaining 30% of the sales occurred through their online website.

Although Lori Greiner liked the business, she was out as she did not consider herself to be an ideal match. Similarly, Kevin O’Leary, also known as Mr. Wonderful, remarked that he is not a clothes person and went out.

Mark Cuban, though, showed interest in the talent of Trey Brown and offered $300,000 in exchange for a 25% stake in the company. Daymond John also offered the same deal.

See also  WeWork Net Worth, Co-Founder Adam Neumann Net Worth (Updated)

Trey Brown countered with $300,000 in exchange for a 20% stake in SPERGO, to which Daymond John agreed and Trey Brown walked away joyous about his deal.

What Happened to SPERGO After Shark Tank Deal?

After about five days of appearing on Shark Tank, SPERGO made about a thousand sales through their online website. They planned to launch a brick-and-mortar store in November 2021 in Arlington, Virginia’s Pentagon City Mall. In 2021, their sales were worth a whopping $2.5 million.

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!