Terrifying Electric Shocks During Their Morning Showers Made Their Bare Toes Curl

On a seemingly ordinary Tuesday morning in London, two close friends living together in a small apartment woke up to a truly shocking surprise. Jack Lemmon and Peter Whitman had discovered a dangerous problem in their home – their electric shower was more of an electric terror than a morning comfort.

He Loved His Daily Showers

Jack Lemmon, a friendly office clerk, enjoyed his simple yet comforting morning routine.

He started his day with a steaming cup of coffee, savored a piece of toast with his favorite jam, and took a refreshing shower to wash away the last traces of sleep.

But this particular morning, his shower was far from refreshing. As soon as he stepped into it, he was met with a sudden and terrifying electric shock.

Thankfully, he managed to escape serious harm, but was left with the stark reality that their shower was a serious danger.

His Roommate Also Had a Shocking Shower Experience

Peter Whitman, who initially didn’t believe Lemmon’s electrifying tale, thought it was simply a strange accident. However, his skepticism soon turned to shared concern when he too got a taste of the shocking shower experience.

Just like his friend, Whitman was lucky to escape the incident without any injuries, but now both tenants were aware of the lurking danger in their bathroom.

The once comforting shower had now become a source of fear for both Lemmon and Whitman.

The terrifying experiences prompted them to stay clear of the problematic shower and confront their landlord about this pressing issue. After all, their safety in their own home was at stake.

They Informed the Disinterested Landlord

When they explained the dangerous shower situation to their landlord, Alan Goodman, they were met with a disappointing response.

Goodman dismissed their concerns casually, saying, “I’ve been using the shower for years without any problems.” This indifferent response left the friends feeling more frustrated and determined to take action.

Unable to get their landlord to take the issue seriously, Lemmon and Whitman decided to seek legal help.

They consulted with a local lawyer who informed them that it was indeed Goodman’s responsibility to ensure the safety of the apartment and eliminate such electrical hazards.

Newfound Legal Knowledge

With this newfound legal knowledge, they turned to their local council for help. They demanded a Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) inspection, as per the Housing Act 2004.

They knew they had a tough fight ahead of them, but they were ready to confront the bureaucratic hurdles to ensure their safety at home.

As they prepared for their legal battle, an unexpected encounter with an electrician gave them a different perspective.

Barefoot Plunders

They discovered that they were getting shocks because they walked into the bathroom barefoot. This revelation was both a relief and a lesson to be more cautious in their home.

Finally, Lemmon and Whitman came out on the other side, able to share their tale of unexpected shocks, challenges with their landlord, and fight for their rights.

Their story highlighted the importance of staying vigilant even in the most familiar of places.

The experience taught them that a comfortable home could hold unexpected dangers, and sometimes, a home sweet home can indeed give a shocking surprise.

Heartbroken Mom Decided to Get Her Revenge on Her Ex Who Had an Emotional Affair

He Went to the Gym and Took off His Wedding Ring, She Saw Him, and Has a Meltdown

The post Terrifying Electric Shocks During Their Morning Showers Made Their Bare Toes Curl first appeared on The Net Worth Of.   

Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock / Kues. The people shown in the images are for illustrative purposes only, not the actual people featured in the story.

Source: Reddit