Uber Eats is a food delivery and ordering service that Uber introduced in 2014. A mobile application for iOS or Android, or a web browser, enables customers to view menus, read reviews, and place orders and pay at restaurants that offer the service.
The delivery service also allows users to tip. Users pay Uber with the card they have on file.
You get your meals delivered to you by a courier, either by foot, scooter, car, or by bike. The service is available in more than 6,000 cities in 45 countries.
Uber Eats Net Worth
Currently, Uber Eats is worth $20 billion, generating an annual revenue of $8.3 billion.
Uber Eats History
Uber, the parent company of Uber Eats, was established by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp in 2009. Its food delivery service, UberFRESH, was launched in Santa Monica, California, in August 2014.
This platform was rebranded to Uber EATS in 2015, allowing it to have its own app, independent of the Uber rides app. It began offering services in Paris and London in 2016.
Facts and Figures
- According to May 2021 estimates, Uber had over 25% of the market in the US for food delivery.
- Uber Eats earned $4.82 billion in 2020, an increase of 152 percent from the previous year.
- Merchant count for Uber Eats rose 76 percent to 700,000 in the last quarter.
- For an average order of $40, Uber Eats spends $43.5.
- Uber Eats delivers on average within 30 minutes.